Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Where Are My Peeps????





Well bad me, I didn't post last week but ..............................





I only received 2 comments on my last blog. I know I have more peeps out there than that. Heck my Facebook profile shows I have 58 friends. Look at the picture of my peeps looking for quilting friends in the snow. There are still 8 more $5.00 gift certificates. I will even take a sarcastic comment. Here is a photo of the Purple Peeps just waiting for Easter and all their quilting friends.

Last weekend I went on my Guilds Retreat at a local camp. I worked on a free Amy pattern using the Daisy Chain line of fabric. The Amy Butler line is very popular and her web site provides many free patterns. There were 23 quilters at our retreat. We all had fun and some of us even broke out in song (Bye Bye Miss American Pie was the longest and was most hated and loved of the songs).
Last week I also finished this backpack, it is an Indigo Junction pattern called Boxy Backpack. I used the charm pack collection from Moda called Collection for a Cause. The cause is Diabetes(I am a Type 1 insulin dependant diabetic) which has gone on long too long without a cure. So be sure to support this cause by purchasing a charm pack.











I had my friend Melissa from Inish Knits take the picture (look at all her great yarn).



Well that is it for last week. I finished one project started 2 new projects and have 89 UFO's at home. Oh my gosh!!!! it is the UPS man with a package. Be sure to come in and see us soon!!!!

Piecefully,
Kathy

1 comment:

Becca Quilts said...

Just came across your blog ...
Cool Amy Butler quilt blocks. My friend is currently loving all things Amy Butler :-).