Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Babies and Pastels


January is the month that I start thinking(dreaming) about Spring.  I am beginning to feel the effects of the lack of sun and looking at my pastey skin.   I enjoy working with the nursery prints and all those lovely pastels. I just finished a baby outfit (not an announcement of grandmother-hood).  It happens to be a little dress with small rosebuds and a slip to go underneath.  As I was making this dainty outfit, I reminisced about making many of my daughters dresses when she was a baby and even now as a young adult.  With so many department stores to buy clothing, it is hard to explain the feeling that handmade really evokes.   Today I am working on my "Cupcake Quilt" for Cupcake Week January 26-31.  We are planning some great sales and of course we will have cupcakes both the eatable as well as the fabric type.  So stop out and see us soon the Leelanau County Road Commission is doing a great job of keeping the roads clear.

See you soon,
Kathy

No comments: